Brook Street are excited to be recruiting for a temporary Admin Assistant for the Department of Transport. This is to cover maternity leave from June 19 to Mar 20 in a busy city centre location.
The role will be working within the Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) which independently investigates accidents to improve rail safety.
The role will involve but not be limited to the following:
- assisting the various Head of Departments in delivering basic IT support to all members of the Branch team
- working closely as part of a team
- providing transcriptions of investigation interviews
- inputting evidence and investigation data in to TARDIS
- answering incident line calls during office hours
- evidence tracking, storage and movement
- arranging vehicle hire
- booking national and international travel and accommodation
- general office administration, preparing and sending letters and emails, dealing with phone calls and monitoring/ordering office consumables
- managing access to offices, greeting visitors and ensuring security protocols are followed
The following experience is required:
" Working as a team with a wide range of different colleagues and partners to achieve goals.
" Ability to prioritise decisions and actions.
" Strong inter-personal skills for dealing with a wide range of external parties
" Working in a role where good communications skill have been necessary.
" Effective use of MS Office, including Word and Excel, and ideally use of databases.
" Handling evidence to court standards (desirable)
" Reasonable grasp of basic IT problems and potential solutions (desirable)
The role is a full-time temporary role Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
It's £8.36 for the first 12 weeks then will increase to £10.84/hr thereafter.
If you would to apply for the role then please send your CV to the PSR team at or ring 0115 879 3500 for further details.