Are you keen to protect the environment and interested in an exciting and challenging role within the Public Sector?
Brook Street are currently recruiting Regulatory Officers for our reputable client, The Environment Agency. This is an office based role, however there may be the option to work from home once the training period has been completed. The office is based at Parkway Business Park in Sheffield.
The role involves the technical assessment of applications from customers who we regulate in our Waste Regimes Operatorial Services (WROS) department. Provided with the necessary training and support, the Temporary Worker will then be required to manage their own workload, assessing applications of varying complexity with strict deadlines. This will involve:
- Analysing information and recording findings;
- Liaising with applicants to communicate technical requirements;
- Making the final decision on applications assessed;
- Undertaking accompanying admin work.
We are looking for proactive individuals with excellent time management skills and a keen eye for detail.
General qualifications and experience required:
- Time management - you'll be managing your own workload, with differing priorities and deadlines;
- Team working - work closely with colleagues to delivery regulatory outcomes;
- Excellent communications skills - verbal and written;
- Experienced in using Microsoft office - particularly Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Data use - accurately record and transpose data.
Hours of work - Full time 37 hours per week
Rate of pay - £12.45 per hour
This is a temporary role for approximately 3 months with the possibility of extension.
The screening process will involve an initial telephone conversation, followed by a video interview with the hiring manager for applicants who pass the first stage.
If this is something you are interested in, please apply online today!
If we do not contact you within 14 days please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful, we are not able to provide feedback to all applicants due the volume we receive.