Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a public sector client on a temporary basis?
We are currently looking to recruit a number of people to join the Ministry of Defence as an Admin Officer in Upavon.
Working with a fun and lively team, you'll be based in Pewsey, Wiltshere and you will enjoy a great atmosphere. Working a Monday to Friday working week you will enjoy a healthy work life balance too.
Working in a fast paced administration department, you'll be providing admin and customer service support within a helpline service, if successful you will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgment in carrying out instructions, under general supervision. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
- Collating and analysing fairly complex information or data, submitting results in a written report
- Overseeing administrative procedures and processes
- Assisting with budget preparation and control, if required
- Acting as an administrative liaison with internal and / or external sources
- Preparing routine correspondence
Typical qualifications and experience:
- Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent)
- NVQ Business Administration Level 2 (or suitable clerical experience)
- Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- A good telephone manner and an ability to communicate well with international personnel
- The Postholder reports to the D grade and their main role is to assist in administering training requests for International students in support of International Defence Engagement lines of operation delivered by Land Warfare Centre (LWC) and the Army Recruiting and Initial Training Command (ARITC).
- Manage and maintain paper and online documentation for student attendance on courses, ensuring cost recovery process is completed.
- Processing requests for training and issuing all necessary paperwork, liaising with customers and external MOD and civilian organisations.
- Resolving any administrative problems with International students and keeping Line Management appraised of difficult or serious situations.
- Respond to enquiries from Defence Attaches, Foreign Governments and Industry.
- Flexibly respond to short notice, high profile requirements.
If you're looking for an administration role within the Pewsey area then we want to talk to you.