This position is for a Temporary Team Member (TM) to join the Operational Delivery Directorate within The Rural Payments Agency, based in Workington. This is a temporary position until 31st December 2019, which chance of extension.
The Temporary TM will be to work as part of a team supporting the helpline with customer queries, processing scheme related claims and tasks to meet key performance indicators (KPI`s). They will need to follow set procedures and exercise some independent judgment in carrying out instructions. The role will also involve the provision of administrative support in other related activities.
The role could incorporate any of the following activities:
- Customer call handling, conducting security checks, registration and recording the details on the appropriate systems;
- Dealing with internal/external customers and colleagues, in a professional manner;
- Dealing with correspondence (letters and emails);
- Claim processing, adhering to administrative procedures and processes;
- Data checking/entry;
- Collating and analysing complex information or data, submitting results in a report;
- Use of evidence and knowledge to make effective decisions in all dealings;
- Working at pace with high quality and accuracy in all dealings.
The role will vary according to business demand for specific tasks and therefore supporting the flexible working approach is key to the Agency`s success.
Full training will be provided on all the systems used for processing and telephony related work.
Skills and Experience
- Administrative experience;
- Good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office programmes (word, excel, outlook and other windows based applications);
- Effective IT skills, able to navigate systems and toggle multiple screens;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to input data efficiently and accurately;
- Able to reprioritise adapting to change and work flexibly;
- Effective team working;
- Good time management.
- Two GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent i.e. functional skills (including English Language or equivalent);
- NVQ Business Administration Level 2 (or suitable administrative experience)
Monday to Friday between 08.30-17.00, 37 hours per week. Sufficient cover will need to be provided during these business hours.
Registrations to be held in Workington on Wednesdays throughout April