An opportunity to work for a government agency as an Clerical/Admin Officer at £10.37 an hour with the initial contract through to May 2020. The Temporary worker will work as part of a team supporting finance processing activities, contributing to the delivery of Agency targets and external commitments, ensuring that all required outcomes and outputs are achieved. They will need to follow set procedures and exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions. The role will also involve the provision of administrative support in other related activities.
The role could incorporate any of the following activities:
- Dealing with internal/external customers and colleagues, in a professional manner;
- Dealing with correspondence inbound and outbound (letters and emails);
- Finance processing, adhering to administrative procedures and processes, data checking/entry;
- Good investigative skills, collating and analysing complex information or data;
- To maintain and provide stats on a regular basis as required;
Essential Skills and Experience
- Administrative experience;
- Effective IT skills: good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office programmes (word, excel, outlook and other windows based applications), able to navigate systems;
- Good communication skills, both oral and written;
- Experience of good customer contact and able to demonstrate high customer service standards;
- Ability to input data efficiently and accurately, follow processes;
- Good organisational skills, able to respond flexibly to changing priorities at short notice.
The skills and requirements of Administrative Officers across the teams are similar and training will be provided on tasks undertaken and all systems used, including telephony.
If this sounds like a role you'd be interested in please apply online ASAP or call Katie on 01189588990