Hours: 37 per week
Working Hours: Monday-Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm, with flexibility
Contract length: until 31/03/20.
Location: York City Centre
The Admin Officer role is temporary until 31/03/20, with the possibility of being extended. The role is £10.37 per hour with flexible working available.
Brook Street has been chosen as a recruitment partner to hire temporary Admin Officers for The Rural Payments Agency, giving you the chance to gain credible experience in the Public Sector.
As an Admin Officer you will be responsible for administering the payments and expenses documents received from farmers. There are small elements of customer service, but the majority of your role will involve managing your own caseload of applications. All training will be provided. You will need to gain an understanding of the current guidance and regulations and based on these you will be responsible for:
- Collating and analysing fairly complex information or data
- Undertaking transactional processing of claims
- Working at pace with high quality and accuracy
- Liaising with fellow team members regarding queries on claims and agreement processing.
- Communicating with customers regarding claims, amendments and recoveries in writing and on the telephone
TYPICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective IT Skills, experience of using word, excel and other windows based applications
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to input data efficiently and accurately
- A positive attitude to (temporary) employment and be available for the duration of the assignment.
You will work as part of a busy, friendly team in an ideal location in York City Centre. The facilities include an under-cover bike rack, gym, canteen and car park (subject to living 7.5 miles away from the Park and Ride).
- Must be eligible to work in the UK and own an in-date passport or A4 birth certificate
- Must not have been outside of the UK for longer than a 6-month period in the last 5 years
- Must not be in a permanent job.
Apply through the website or call Arran or Ollie on 01904 888800 for more details.