Brook Street are currently recruiting for a PA to work at the Ministry of Defence based in Newquay on a temporary basis.
The PA to the Station Commanders primary responsibility is to provide a wide and comprehensive administrative service to the Station Commander and executives in Station Headquarters, as well as being the first point of call for wider MOD and external (civilian) enquiries or visitors. Applicants must understand the seniority of roles within the Armed Forces and be able to communicate effectively and politely to a wide range of personalities and backgrounds. The role is an essential part of maintaining the good reputation of RAF St Mawgan, the Royal Air Force, and the Ministry of Defence, and applicants will be assessed accordingly.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Acting as the official reception and point of contact for MOD and external visitors to the Station, including taking telephone enquiries. Co-ordinating, prioritising, and maintaining a comprehensive diary system using Microsoft Outlook for the Station Commander. Draft routine letters and documents as directed by the Station Commander.
- Collecting and processing all incoming official mail for the Station Commander, prioritising the documents that require action. Filtering the Station Commanders mail and/or email and, if appropriate, passing tasks to squadron and flight commanders for routine action on the Station Commanders behalf.
- Providing basic administrative support to OC Base Support Squadron and OC Engineering and Logistics Squadron in order to align diaries for engagement activities.
- Arrange and co-ordinate Station management meetings and/or conferences as required.
- Liaise with the Travel Cell to arrange accommodation and transport for the Station Commanders duties.
- Photocopying, shredding, typing, corresponding by email, drafting announcements, and various ad hoc administrative tasks as directed by the Station Commander.
This is a temporary position, looking to start in July 2020 currently on-going until July 2021. This is a full-time role, 37 hours a week and paid at £10.35 an hour. Previous PA/ Secretary experience is advantageous.