Brook Street are pleased to offer a temporary position with the Ministry of Defence for a full time Admin Officer.
You will provide administrative support. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to: Collating and analysing fairly complex information or data, submitting results in a written report Overseeing administrative procedures and processes Assisting with budget preparation and control, if required Acting as a administrative liaison with internal and / or external sources Preparing routine correspondence.
Your primary responsibilities are to oversee administrative support to the Directorate of Children and Young People, Childcare Support Team (CST) in delivering the Wraparound Childcare (WAC) Scheme; including managing the end to end WAC application process and delivering support to the Early Learning and Childcare Fund.
- Oversee the daily monitoring of the CST Group mailbox and acting as the first point of contact for all enquiries including, but not limited to, enquiries from applicants and childcare providers. Answer basic WAC pilot FAQs and seek guidance for ones that cannot be answered.
- Manage the administration, from end to end, the WAC application process following the WAC application standard operating procedure (SOP) including, but not limited to, the processing of applications, conducting eligibility and 3 monthly re-eligibility checks, issuing letters to childcare providers and sending Welcome packs out to new families.
- Ensure up to date records are maintained at all times, including the WAC Master Spreadsheet. Make and implement suggestions for improving/update WAC SOP as required.
- Working with DCYP and Army TLB finance teams manage the provider payments process to ensure payments are made in a timely manner.
You will need an eye for detail and the abilities to adopt a flexible and customer focused approach to solving problems, manage conflicting deadlines and develop good working relationships with internal stakeholders. You must be a self-starter who is able to work equally well as part of a team or using their own initiative.
This is a new post in a new team and the remit of the team is evolving. You may be expected to undertake other duties as required and appropriate to the grade, including general administrative tasks for the CST including:
- Taking and distributing minutes of meetings and send out agendas and papers etc
- Support with research and note taking
- Sharing communications materials
£10.59 per hour. Please APPLY NOW.