Our Public sector client are looking for a temporary worker to join their team as an admin officer. You will be part of the permitting team who's primary role is to protect the environment and support economic growth. You will be determining applications for environmental permits and licences. You will also need to provide advice and guidance to our internal and external customers.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in a customer facing role,
- Used to managing multiple pieces of work at one time,
- Comfortable working to performance targets
You will be interested in the environment and keen to protect it by contributing to the regulation of potentially damaging activities. This may mean that you will have to deal with complex and difficult situations.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Organise and prioritise a large work load,
- Good time management,
- Attention to detail,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a large range of audiences and able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences,
- Make sound and timely decisions,
- Be able to follow and established process and identify when a situation falls outside of it,
- Comfortable to work from home and able to integrate with a team virtually,
- To be passionate about the environment,
- Competent IT and data skills,
- Experience with mapping software such as GIS would be beneficial,
- Ability to adapt to new IT systems and software,
- Ability to digest, analyse and interpret information in a variety of formats including numerical, written and diagrammatically,
- Able to spot anomalies in sometimes large volumes of data
A successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check due to this being a public sector role.
If this is something you would be interested in please apply for more information.