Our public sector client are looking for a temporary worker to join their team as a an admin officer.
Some of your day to day duties will include:
- Completing and publishing rosters using the corporate rostering tool in accordance with national rostering principles, company policies and standards.
- Prepare rosters for employees undertaking weekly/daily rostered duties. Covering sickness, annual leave, training, briefing and special arrangements.
- Liaise with local managers,
- Manage short notice roster alterations liaising with all affected employees and managers, including gaining verbal confirmation,
- Complete and control leave records,
- Make roster arrangements for safety critical competence expiry's, training plans, training courses and briefings,
- Carry out pre and post payroll interface checks to validate roster data. Submit late notice roster changes to payroll,
- Gather and analyse fatigue data and highlight issues to the line manager,
It is essential that the post holder has:
- Excellent knowledge of national rostering principle,
- Previous successful experience in prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines,
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Previous successful experience of analysing data and producing reports,
- Understanding of conditions of service applicable to rostering,
- Understanding of roster systems,
- Demonstrate ability to accurately manage data and attention to detail,
- Previous successful experience of working in a team and engaging with virtual team members,
- Able to demonstrate good general IT skills
- Understanding of pay arrangements for rostered staff,
- Geographical knowledge of the route,
- Knowledge of the UK rail industry
If this is something you would be interested in please apply for more information.