Hours: 37 per week
Working Hours: Monday-Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm, with flexibility
Location: York City Centre, will be introducing a mixture of home and office work
*This is an ongoing temporary position with the possibility of a further extension at the discretion of the business requirements*
We are currently recruiting for temporary Admin Officers for The Rural Payments Agency, giving you the chance to gain credible experience in the Public Sector.
As an Admin Officer you will be responsible for administering the payments and expenses documents received from farmers. There are small elements of customer service, but the majority of your role will involve managing your own caseload of applications. All training will be provided. You will need to gain an understanding of the current guidance and regulations and based on these you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing administrative procedures and processes
- Collating and analysing fairly complex information or data
- Undertaking transaction's and processing claims
- Working at pace with high quality and accuracy
- Liaising with fellow team members regarding queries on claims and agreement processing.
- Communicating with customers regarding claims, amendments and recoveries in writing and on the telephone
- Assisting with budget preparation and control, if required
TYPICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective IT Skills, experience of using word, excel and other windows based applications
- Great customer service skills
- Ability to input data efficiently and accurately
- A positive attitude
You will work as part of a busy, friendly team in an ideal location in York City Centre. The facilities include an under-cover bike rack, gym, canteen and car park (subject to living 7.5 miles away from the Park and Ride).
If this sounds of interest and you have the skills and experience click apply now!