Job Title - Clerical Admin Officer
Start date - asap
Temp hourly rate - £12.45 per hour
Duration - Till March 2022 initially
Role Type: Full Time working 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
Are you looking for your next challenge? A role that will require you to be able to work as part of a team as well as on your own. Where you will get to work alongside other organisations, making decisions about the Environment.
Brook Street are currently recruiting for a temporary role within Environment Agency, as an Admin Officer.
The role will involve but not be limited to you carrying out the following:
- dealing with development planning consultations from local planning authorities (Councils)
- assessing whether the EA need to see them
- logging of decisions the local authorities make to assess the impact
- some chargeable pre-application work
- enquiries from members of the public
- other ad-hoc asks such as managing the team inbox.
As someone who has worked in a similar environment previously, you will have some or all of the following experience:
- Delivering work by planning, tracking, gathering, maintaining, quality-assuring and analysing data/information.
- Ability to adapt, develop and maintain good relations with customers.
- Contribute to the delivery of low to medium risk projects and/or activities to time, cost and quality, ensuring successful outcomes are achieved.
- Being open to change and new ways of working.
- Working under own initiative and as part of a team to make decisions and achieve planned outcomes.
- Using good written and spoken communication skills to convey information to colleagues and customers.
- Basic understanding of the planning system and relevant legislation.
- degree educated or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- suitable workplace experience will be considered
- Able to work from home as well as in the office
- Occasional travel to meetings
- Being highly proficient with computers and systems
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
The role is till March 2022 - possibly extending, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm, 37hrs per week at £12.45/hr.
If this sounds the ideal role for you and would like to apply, then please send your CV in word format to the PSR Team at Nottingham.
You will be subject to a Basic DBS check and 3 years full referencing. You will also require photographic ID ie current passport. If using a current drivers licence photocard, you will need to provide your original long birth certificate and proof of NI.