Department of Transport (DFT):
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy team working within an agency to support the transport network that helps UK businesses goods travelling around the country.
Temporary role: 3+ months
Hours: Full-time (37)
Monday- Friday (9-5)
Pay: £9.06 p/h, raising to £11.19 after 3 months
Start Date: ASAP
Part-time remote working
The DFT is recruiting two Full-time Administrative Support Officer, to work alongside their team. The successful candidate will provide administrative support. He or she will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collating and analysing complex information or data, submitting results in a written report
- Overseeing administrative procedures and processes
- Processing service operator grants, in which you will be responsible for checking the validity of accuracy.
- Receive and distribute information and communications in an appropriate manner, e.g., telephone, paper, e-mail.
- Assisting with budget preparation and control, if required
- Acting as an administrative liaison with internal and / or external sources
Typical qualifications and experience:
- Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent)
- NVQ Business Administration Level 2 (or suitable clerical experience)
- Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills, both oral and written