Brook Street Recruitment are recruiting for a Clerk of Works on behalf of our client in Derry/ Londonderry.
The successful Clerk of Works will be responsible for monitoring quality and technical compliance in regard to construction drawings, building standards, NHBC regulations and general best practice construction across all developments.
The Clerk of Works should have a good knowledge of timber kit, steel frame and SFS methods of construction. The Clerk of Works will be expected to have a good knowledge and understanding of all trades as you may have to manage evolving designs and specifications and keep up to date with regulation and technical advancements within the building industry.
* Inspect the work being undertaken.
* Highlighting potential specification design issues for comments before they affect construction and programme.
* Record and report any item of work requiring further attention during the site inspection and report under 'defective work'. Follow this through to an Improvement Notice if the appropriate action is not taken.
* Check that construction complies with the architect's, engineer's and mechanical and electrical engineer's drawings & specifications.
* The clerk of works may be required to attend site progress meetings.
* Attend defects liability inspections and prepare defects lists both at the end of the project and at the end of the defects liability period.
* Check that contractors and subcontractors complete all defects correctly and as quickly as possible.
* In addition, the post holder must have a good working knowledge of relevant legislation, Building Regulations and Codes of Practice.
* Any other duties role may involve.
* 5 years' experience working in a Clerk of Works or similar role.
* Previous experience working in residential development would be beneficial but not essential.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Excellent IT skills
The Clerk of Works role will be located in Derry/ Londonderry but will be covering sites across Northern Ireland with a possibility of having to travel to sites in England.
If interested please send CV via the apply link