CLINIC COORDINATOR- £23,000 PA- WEST END
The purpose of this role is to coordinate the patients, clinicians and nurses. This role is based at the reception desks in the main waiting area on the ground floor and in the surgery waiting area.
Reporting: You will report to the Clinic Manager.
42 hours a week including a 1 hour lunch break. Shifts are typically 7.00-15:00, 08:00-16:30, 9:00-17:30, 9:30-18:00 and 12:00-20:30. Morning and late shift will be dependent on the diary for that day.
- 28 days holiday
- Occupational pension scheme
- Private health insurance
- Private dental care
DUTIES - DAILY
- Meet and greet patients and ensure all the patient`s needs are met while visiting the practice
- Liaising with Surgeons, Optometrists, Nurses and Patient Care Coordinators to ensure the smooth running of the patients journey within the clinic
- Managing and coordinating multiple complex diaries of 8 Optometrists and 4 Surgeons.
- Initial point of contact and gate keeping for all patients, daily vendors, visiting clinicians and contractors
- Fast-paced multi-tasking, completing tasks quickly in line with protocols and appropriately responding to priority situations
- Dispensing eye drops - full training given to achieve Level 2 Dispensing Assistant Qualification
- Coordinate the running of surgery to include organising patients` transport home and application of eye drops after surgery
- Taking payments and processing refunds on several databases
- Gathering feedback from patients via questionnaires, testimonials and electronic methods
- Keeping clinic areas clean and tidy and of an excellent standard
- To complete all relevant administration including scanning patient information, booking appointments, preparing templates, updating patient databases and making sure legal documents are submitted correctly
- To play an active part in the maintenance of a supportive learning environment within the clinic
- Opening and closing of the premises
- Run external surgeons` clinics including liaising with their offices regarding booking appointments, payments and dealing with enquiries and complaints
- Helping less able patients to access clinic and anticipating individual needs
- Must assist all other teams where necessary.
- A minimum of 2 years exposure in customer facing roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Clerical and administrative knowledge of using computers and good knowledge of a simple database application, word, excel, email and Internet
- Some post secondary education will be advantageous
- Good problem solving skills and excellent organisational skills
- Ability to deal with challenging characters and use initiative to foresee issues that may occur