CNC Turner / CNC Programmer- £25k - £31k depending on experience
Are you an experienced CNC Turner/Operator looking for an opportunity to progress and train to be a programmer?
Or, are you an experience CNC Programmer/Setter looking for a new challenge?
Do you have Fanuc experience and good knowledge of working with CAD/CAM?
Brook Street are pleased to present an opportunity to work for a exceptional precision Engineering company who for over 30 years have been providing a first-class and complete precision engineering service to a diverse range of industries. They supply precision engineering to companies in the Aerospace and Oil & Gas industries and have a reputation for manufacturing to closer tolerances than most other precision engineering companies. This is a great opportunity to work for a friendly team with a growing company near Warminster.
Who's right for the job?
You will be available to work in the Wiltshire (BA12) area ideally within a months' notice. You will ideally have your own transport so that you are not reliable on public transport; however this is not a deal breaker. You will be reliable and hands on, and will have had a stable career so far working at most of your previous roles for at least 2-3 years. My client is looking for someone who will be a good fit within a small team and therefore it is important that you have a friendly and positive personality.
Ideally you will possess the below experience and skills:
At a CNC Programmer level you must be able to program, set & operate up to 5 axis CNC machines to produce precision components, for a variety of industries. Ideally you will also have CAD/ CAM programming experience.
- At a CNC Turner/Operator level you will be hard-working, have a desire to develop your skills further, and have experience operating Fanuc machines
- Experience of working to close-tolerances
- Ideally you will have experience of working in the aerospace, oil and gas industries
- Dedicated, flexible and adaptable
- Able to work well under pressure
- Full compliance with Quality, Health and Safety at Work at all times.
About the Role:
My client is looking for an experienced CNC Machine Turner or an experienced CNC Programmer to join their highly skilled team in the Wiltshire area on a permanent basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To produce accurate, high quality components.
- Plan machining method, Create programs and identify any tooling or fixture requirements.
- Undertake any off set or minor changes to programs to produce quality components to drawing limits/customer requirements.
- Jig and fixture making.
- Have a good understanding of Engineering drawings.
- Have experience in machining various metals.
- Be confident in working to tight tolerances and checking your own work during production batch runs.
- Adhere to production schedules.
- Able to program and set machine within allocated times and where possible to improve required run rates.
- Adhere to company quality procedures as per company quality manual ISO9001:2008
- Able to create entire new programs to customer's drawing requirements. (For CNC Programmer level role)
- Able to program and set effectively to optimize cycle times.
- Able to program and set machine within allocated times and where possible to improve required run times. (For CNC Programmer level role)
- Familiar with and able to operate basic manual machines when required.
What's in it for you?
In return you will receive a competitive salary of between £25k and £30k depending on experience.
You will work a 40 hours week (7:30am - 4:45pm Monday - Thursday & 7:30am - 12:30pm Fridays), however overtime will be available at increased rates. In addition you will receive a company pension, PPE and workwear provide and excellent company benefits.
Let's get started!
Our client is looking to hold interviews immediately with a start as soon as possible. To send your CV please apply via the advert or directly on Brook Street's website. For more information please contact Ben at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or apply to send your CV.