CNC Saw Operator
Needs Plastics is an manufacturer of a variety of products, supplying a diverse customer base, including education, healthcare, shop-fitting, engineering, defence and construction industries.
Reporting to the Machine shop Supervisor, the role is to manage the complete cutting process. This will include operating the beamsaw, palletising all cut panels and maintaining the machine according to manufacturer recommendation.
- In line with the planned manufacturing schedule, cut all jobs in the correct sequence.
- Ensure that each cut part is labelled as per the standard process.
- Ensure that all cut parts are palletised safely and in the correct sequence before being moved to the next machining area.
- Assist with material management flagging up any concerns on stock levels.
- Manage the cutting process ensuring that off cuts are fully utilised during optimisation
- Monitor quality of cutting as well as dimensional accuracy and report any issues to supervisor.
- Maintain the machine in line with recommendations.
- Ensure factory housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Ensure health & safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure Environmental standards are maintained at all times.
- Assist with other manufacturing processes whenever required.
- Previous experience of operating a beamsaw and optimising cutting plans.
- Knowledge of sheet materials e.g. mdf, chipboard and Trespa would be an advantage.
- Counterbalance fork lift truck licence.
Must be reliable, with good attention to detail and well organised.
Flexible, willing to work overtime if required.