Brook Street Recruitment is working with our client in Derry/ Londonderry to recruit a full time and permanent Coating Technician
Reporting to a Manufacturing Team Leader, the Coating Technician shall assist with monitoring safe production to ensure that the utmost quality standards against specifications and shipping schedules against acknowledged dates are achieved.
* Ensure that safe working practices are always adhered to , including wearing PPE as appropriate.
* Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation.
* Comply with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
* Create adhesive formulas and produced coated master rolls according to customer specifications, Quality and Standard Operating Procedures.
* Ensure laboratory testing is executed in accordance with procedures
* Conduct Quality Assurance checks throughout the Coating process including end of roll testing.
* Carry out basic maintenance and cleaning of production machine and surrounding work areas.
* Troubleshooting of process issues and supporting investigations into quality related incidents.
* Supporting the coating team in VCI (value creation initiatives) to drive coating area performance.
* Carrying out any other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time, ensuring the efficient and profitable operation of the plant.
* A minimum of three year's experience in a regulated manufacturing environment.
* Good level of computer proficiency.
* Demonstrable understanding of adhering to COSHH regulations.
* Willingness to undertake rotational shifts with varying patterns dependent on business needs (24/7, 24/5) Flexibility is required.
* Strong verbal, numeracy and literacy skills.
* Experience in an environment working with chemicals.
* Demonstrable experience in Lean Manufacturing or Six sigma.
* Experience of SAP.
* Basic maintenance experience of production equipment or processes.
* 4 GCSE's or equivalent at grade C or above, in English, Maths and 2 other subjects OR 2 A-levels or equivalent at grade C or above.
To apply please click on the link and e-mail your CV together with a cover letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria - close date is 12pm on the 9th April.