Cold Stores Shift Manager (NIGHT SHIFT)
Salary - £33,280
Tuesday - Friday Nights: 17:00-05:30
An exciting opportunity is available with a very prestige client of ours; the role is for a Cold Store Shift Manager to join the busy Cold Stores Team in Hull.
Main duties include:
- Assume responsibility for the management of activities which ensure food safety, integrity, legality and quality
- Produce up-date information at the end of each shift, communicating to the Cold Store Management Team.
- Ensure update meetings are held with the shift at the Cockpit and information boards and update accordingly following up any issues raised.
- Ensure the site runs at the most effective and with efficient staffing levels.
- Effective labour planning to limit the reliance on overtime.
- Challenge and engage with people with a view to develop individuals and teams.
- Ensure all staff are trained and have signed off to procedures before allocating tasks.
- Ensure that the effective management of staff and skills are in place to receive, freeze, store and despatch stock accordingly and as scheduled.
- Oversee and develop Supervisors to ensure they are supervising the shift appropriately and all records are accurate
- Work with the Senior Cold Store Supervisor to plan staff around workload and absences.
- Maintain satisfactory standards of performance, safety and hygiene promoting "clean as you go" policy.
- Work with Supervisors to ensure stock movements are monitored and pallets are scanned and moved to correct locations.
- Work with the Senior Cold Store Supervisor and the Stock Controller to maintain stock takes are carried out as per schedule.
- Assist with the investigation into stock anomalies.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the temperature recording for both the stores and product is maintained and is within temperature specifications.
- Maintain satisfactory standards of performance, safety and hygiene.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Senior Management team and customers, including being accountable for any queries or complaints.
" Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Knowledge of MHE guidelines & procedures.
This is fantastic opportunity for anyone looking for a great career with a well-established company. If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you. SUBMIT YOUR CV NOW