Collections Account Manager - Competitive Salary + Bonus
Brook Street is pleased to be working with a highly successful loan provider in central Southampton.
Our client's culture is a friendly one, relaxed but professional, and encourages individual and team achievement and career progression.
The individual must work to understand the customer's financial and personal circumstances in order to build a relationship and which results in an affordable, acceptable and sustainable repayment strategy. Strong negotiation skills delivered with empathy and the ability to overcome objections are key attributes. Customer service is taken seriously, and you will need to strive to stand out from peers and competitors, so whilst the role is primarily a collections role, the individual is expected to apply their collection skill-set with a customer service focus, from time to time undertaking pro-active contact campaigns for up to date customers or carrying out non-collections specific account management. The role has a direct impact on the success, reputation and compliance of the business, the individual will therefore be expected to meet team and individual goals including adherence to Collections and Compliance policies.
Responsibilities of the role;
- Achieve monthly targets working within clear commercial guidelines i.e. Compliance and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Comply with all relevant legislation i.e. Data Protection Act, Consumer Credit Act, Administration of Justice Act, Financial Conduct Authority etc.
- Responsible for own development and ensuring time is taken to learn company policies and procedures.
- Attendance at internal and external training courses to further career development.
- Provide training and coaching to new and/or less experienced Individuals.
- Identify and progress opportunities to improve operational processes within own business area and the wider operation.
- To actively support and embrace change.
- Manage existing customer loan accounts on an ongoing basis, proactively identifying potential issues/problems and recommending/implementing solutions.
- Liaise with all customers including those up to date - for the collection of outstanding payments.
- Maintain the highest quality of customer service through communication and negotiation, using appropriate methods and tools available to facilitate the rehabilitation of customer's accounts
- Take ownership and accountability when making business and customer orientated decisions whilst ensuring Treating Customers Fairly principles are maintained and exceeded.
- To work with customers and understand their financial and personal circumstances so that a suitable and affordable payment arrangement can be agreed
- Support the generation of Management Information and reports
- Identifying potential customer vulnerability or potential detriment and acting pro-actively to help
Skills crucial to success in this role:
- Understanding regulations (CCA), money laundering rules, data protection and treating customers fairly.
- Proven track record in collections
- Financial Services Experience
- Knowledge of the consumer credit industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Ability to listen, empathise, negotiate and inspire confidence
- Ability to excel under pressure and when working to tight deadlines
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Time Management skills
In return for your hard work our client offers a competitive salary with a bonus structure in place too. The hours will be 37.5 per week on a shift basis, Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and some Saturdays 8am - 12pm. In addition you will receive 22 days holiday + bank holidays, pension with employer contributions rising to 5% after one year of service, and access to Perkbox on successful completion of probation.
Let's get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible and interviews will be arranged as soon as possible. This will involve an initial phone call followed by a face to face interview if successful.
For more information or a detailed job specification, please contact Lauren at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV to .