Commercial Finance Lead - £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
Are you an experienced Commercial Finance Lead looking for a new position?
Are you ACCA/ACA/ CIMA qualified?
My client is looking for a full time Commercial Finance Lead to join their team as soon as possible!
Brook Street is pleased to be able to offer the position of a Commercial Finance Lead with one of the top 10 Accountancy and Tax firms. As a Commercial Finance Lead, you will be part of an established team and will assume a lead role in the development, creation and review of firm's internal management information, supported by a team of Commercial Finance administrators. Does this sound like the position for you?
Who's right for the job?
The role requires someone who is switched on and is able to develop and maintain strong and effective relationships with the regions leadership team whilst supporting their operational and strategic decisions by providing insightful financial analysis and analytical opinions. You will need to be able to translate information including KPI's and management accounts, into an analytical opinion and assess the wider impact of these. You will also need to be skilled in tracking progress towards budgets set and take on a leading role in the budgeting process by challenging it analytically.
The responsibilities of the role…
- To provide financial insight, challenge and support to the regional leadership and management teams.
- To develop and manage key relationships with the regional leadership and management teams to assist in gaining a thorough understanding of the business.
- To translate financial information (including KPIs and monthly management accounts) into analytical opinion by identifying and working with regional and local management to understand underlying trends and exceptions, whilst considering any wider impact of these moving forward.
- To contribute in driving operational performance by promoting commercial thinking, understanding the key drivers of the business and how they affect overall performance and profitability. To benchmark this information across the region and wider business to help recommend how best practice could be applied.
- To track progress towards budgets set, supporting the business to understand their commitments and their progress towards achieving these.
- To take a leading role in the annual budgeting process, by working with the regional leadership and management teams to set a fair, but challenging budget that is line with the firm's budget theme.
- To assume a lead role within the Commercial Finance team, working closely with colleagues to proactively drive improvement, enhancing the planning tools available and identifying opportunities to streamline and automate process/reporting.
- To be a role model within the team, assuming an active role in the development of more junior staff.
The Skills and Qualifications you will need:
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified, or equivalent accountancy experience.
- Consultancy/business strategy/professional services experience preferred.
- Proven and strong analytical skills coupled with demonstrable experience in evaluation methodology and/or
analysis of performance.
- Ability to work with others to product actions to solve problems
- Ability to articulate complex information in a clear way
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with high workloads and still meet deadline
In return for your hard work, our client offers a competitive salary of £40,000 - £50,000 depending on experience. Working hours are standard office hours, but can be discussed at interview. My client also offers 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays. The benefits package that goes alongside the role can also be discussed at interview stage.
Let's get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible and interviews will be arranged as soon as possible. This will involve an initial phone call followed by a two stage face to face interview if successful.
For more information or a detailed job specification including responsibilities, please contact Lauren at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV at .