£45k - £50k DOE with succession plan to Director
Are you an Commercial Conveyancer or Solicitor looking to step up into a Director level role?
Do you have at last 3 years PQE?
Are you a strong communicator with a solid understanding of landlord and tenant concerns?
Brook Street is pleased to be working with a progressive and dynamic firm of Solicitors based in Portsmouth. Our client has been established for over 40 years and are looking for a Commercial Conveyancer / Solicitor to take on the director's workload through a succession plan to become a Director. The business specialises in Residential and Commercial Conveyancing, Dispute Resolution, Employment, and Wills, Trusts and Probates.
What's in it for you?
- Starting salary between £45k and £50k per annum
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension
- Free parking
- Following the step-up to Director level, salary will be reflected around £60k with all the benefits of other directors.
- All aspects of commercial conveyancing including sales and purchases of properties and businesses, mortgage and re-financing - both individual and portfolio.
- Landlord & Tenant matters including grant and assignment of leases, lease renewals, licenses to assign and to alter, among other things.
- Development acquisitions & disposals, pension properties, joint venture agreements and all other aspects of commercial property.
- Have a clear understanding of commercial banking documents, such as debentures and personal guarantees.
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients in an appropriate and efficient manner.
- Management of support services including departmental secretaries.
- Participation in marketing activities whether on a practice wide or departmental basis.
- Financial control, with particular regard to cash flow, through accurate time recording, collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Ensure CPD activities are adequate and properly recorded.
- Ensure compliance with SRA Code of Conduct and requirements for all matters for which you have conduct and promptly advise Head of Department of any matter of concern.
- Share knowledge and ideas with your colleagues in the department and practice wide, as appropriate.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the Head of Department. Managing Sub-contractors
What are we looking for?
- Will be a Solicitor with considerable conveyancing experience (3+ years PQE* within Conveyancing)
- You will have some experience of supervision and a desire to build the Conveyancing Department
- Experience dealing with a mixed caseload of Commercial Property with some Residential Property transaction work
This is a permanent full-time position with an immediate start for the right candidate, however we expect a 3 month notice period therefore we are at least looking for someone to be in position by the beginning of 2022. This would suit someone who 3-4 years Post Qualification Experience.
To send your CV please apply via the advert or directly on Brook Street`s website. For more information, please contact Ben at Brook Street (Southampton) or apply to send your CV.