Brook Street Recruitment is delighted to be working with our Belfast client to recruit an experienced Communications Manager
To add value to the business by providing a comprehensive and cost-effective communications service, encompassing, internal and external communications PR and community relations, operating both in support and as a driver to the meeting of the Company objectives.
* Develop a comprehensive public relations strategy working across the group to identify the most suitable communication methods which assists the meeting of business objectives, opportunities, or targets within Company guidelines
* To lead the businesses Responsible Business Programme that seeks to deliver across the four core pillars of the 'LIFE' programme, to include the annual publication of a Responsible Business Report
* Develop an internal Communications Strategy which supports the overall mission and vision of the organisation to support wider Health Life and well being programmes.
* Develop an external Communications Strategy which engages with key stakeholders to further the reputation and standing of the Company to include a Stakeholder Engagement Strategy
* Lead the operation of an effective press and PR office including management of third parties to respond to the needs of the business on a 365 basis.
* Manage crisis PR issues and the risk to the company
* Measure and monitor performance of the department against targets and provide timely and regular reports demonstrating how the Communications and Corporate Affairs strategies are being delivered within the agreed budget
* Arrange, organise exhibition displays, and major launch activities as required to support and develop the marketing strategy, whilst being cost effective, ensure the exhibitions promote the desired company image and achieve the appropriate business results.
* Assist where appropriate in the development of the company marketing strategy with specific reference to providing a coordinated approach to maximising publicity and public relations coverage from relevant marketing activities.
* Co-ordinate, control and monitor Communications and Corporate Affairs expenditure to ensure that the overall budget is maintained within budgetary constraints.
* Provide the business with a sound link into communities and educational groups and deliver business objectives in these vital areas working with relevant partnership organisations.
* Support the collection and maintenance of the company's corporate database ensuring that the database is compliant with current GDPR requirements.
* All Managers / Supervisors have an ongoing responsibility for the promotion of Equal Opportunities and for Health, Safety and Environmental issues. Managers / Supervisors are also responsible for ensuring staff adhere to Equal Opportunities and Heath, Safety and Environmental considerations
* Degree/Equivalent in marketing, communications, public relations or related business discipline
* A minimum of 3 year's experience in handling of relevant corporate affairs type activities
* Experience of effectively communicating with a broad spectrum of stakeholders to include business, community, and political stakeholders
* Experience of budget management and the delivery of cost-effective communication solutions.
The starting salary is £32,000 - £35,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Hours of work are 37 per week. Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5pm and Friday 8.30am-4.30pm. Additional hours may be required from time to time to support the running of exhibitions, conferences and other industry events.
The closing date is midnight on 9th August 2021.
Please send CV via the link