NHS England - Communications Officer
Salary: £10.83 per hour
Hours: Monday-Friday 37 hours
Location: Leeds City Centre
- Writing communications for staff or external audiences
- Production of bulletins using an online template
- Administration of events including sourcing booking venues, marketing and promotion, event logistics
- Web and social media reporting / analytics
- National and trade press reports
- Management of communications and events plans using excel spreadsheets
- Co-ordinating the production of team performance reports
- Booking and coordination of meetings
- Must have worked in a communications, media or marketing team
- A good standard of literacy with strong written English skills
- Experience of writing or editing communications
- Digitally literate and confident using online digital tools like G-Suite (Google Drive)
- Familiar with web and social media management tools e.g web analytics, hootsuite or similar
- Must be able to create and manage plans in Excel
- Must be organised and quick to pick up and deliver new tasks
- Must be able to work under own initiative
- Must be enthusiastic, quick to learn and good under pressure
Overview of Client:
NHSX is leading the largest digital health and social care transformation programme in the world and has been created to give staff and citizens the technology they need.
We are a joint unit made up of colleagues in the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and NHS England and Improvement (NHSE/I) and will harness the best expertise from industry, the NHS, Government and the health and care sectors.
NHSX will deliver the Health Secretary's Tech Vision, building on the NHS Long Term Plan. They speed up the digital transformation of the NHS and social care. They have set themselves five missions, which are focused on how they can make things better for patients and staff. These are:
- Reducing the burden on clinicians and staff, so they can focus on patients;
- Giving people the tools to access information and services directly;
- Ensuring clinical information can be safely accessed, wherever it is needed;
- Improving patient safety across the NHS; and
- Improving NHS productivity with digital technology.
They have established NHSX on 4 core values:
These values are guiding the way that NHSX works now and develops in the future, they would expect applicants to demonstrate, at interview, a commitment to these values.