Location: Currently based working from home but in the future will require some onsite presence in one of our offices either Brighton, Nottingham or Bedworth (ideally within a commutable distance of our sites).
Domestic & General's purpose is to keep our customer's world running by delivering an essential service that never lets them down. We are on an exciting journey, transforming our business in line with the Group's Strategy outlined in an ambitious five-year plan.
We are excited to announce that we are looking for skilled complaints professionals to join our Complaints departments in either Brighton, Nottingham or Bedworth.
We know that to be successful, we need to hire the very best. Whether you're an experienced Complaints Handler or have some experience within a Complaints department, we have a range of opportunities available and this could be the next exciting step in your career, as well as an excellent opportunity to join a growing and exciting business!
- Are you motivated by dealing with difficult customer situations and driving them to resolution?
- Do you pride yourself on your ability to resolve customers' queries and provide the right level of support every time?
- Do you thrive on delivering a first-class customer service?
- Are you passionate about your performance and development?
About the role
Working in our complaints department you'll be a point of contact for customers with insurance and / or service related complaints. As a business who is striving towards providing fair resolution for our customers, we want to ensure that their concerns are appropriately handled every time. Your main objective when you engage with our customers will be to understand, address and resolve whilst adhering to treating customers fairly principles and FCA guidelines.
Working in a team of up to 15 Complaint Handlers, you'll enjoy working in a fast-paced, vibrant and rewarding role.
Senior Complaint Handler and Complaint Handler positions available.
Shift patterns between the following:
- Monday to Friday - 08:00 - 18:00
- Saturday - 09:00 - 17:00
As a skilled Complaint Handler, you'll always make sure that the customer's interest comes first. You understand the customer's perspective and have a natural ability to build a strong rapport.
The most successful Complaint Handlers champion the customer voice and pride themselves on customer satisfaction.
Our Complaint Handlers will have:
- Prior experience in a complaints handling role, with strong proven complaints handling experience
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Confidence in decision-making, under pressure
- Ability to work autonomously
- A passion to deliver a first-class customer service
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office experience with Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Great team spirit and ethos!
We'll take care of providing the equipment you need before you start, but you must have broadband access.
We offer a fantastic virtual training experience, which will be up to 2 weeks long. Please ensure you can commit to 2 weeks full time virtual training staring on either Monday 14th September or Monday 28th September before you apply.
Training will be Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
Your training will provide a rich blend of learning, as well as some independent e-learning, and self-reflection. You'll start off finding out about Domestic & General's successful history and our future vision, whilst at the same time getting to know your new colleagues! You'll also be call listening to some of our customer calls to see what makes a great customer experience. All systems training will be covered so you are confident working independently at home.
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- 25 days' annual leave with an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Salary Finance - a dedicated online portal offering lending and saving facilities, financial wellbeing and support services
- Health Cash Plan - claim money back towards essential healthcare, including a virtual GP service)
- Access to health and wellbeing services
- Cycle to Work Scheme (bike & cycling equipment worth up to £1,000)
- Corporate Discount (up to 50% discount on the costs of D&G Protection Plans)
- Access to 'D&G Discounts Benefits Website' with exclusive shopping discounts, cashback and travel services for all UK employees
- Great company culture with fresh fruit deliveries and complimentary hot drinks
Immediate interviews available with start dates on 14th and 28th September. Apply today to find out more.
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. We also have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
Domestic & General work in trusted partnership and are supported by Brook Street (UK) Limited, with the recruitment process for our contact centre agents. Information collected from you in relation to your application, will be accessed by Brook Street under a strict duty of confidentiality and Brook Street will be in direct contact with you in relation to any application made.