We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate, with excellent communication skills, word processing skills, the ability to work independently and who will provide support to the team with a variety of duties within NHS.
As a Complaints Administrator-Band 4, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service supporting managers and staff in managing complaints.
In particular the post holder will provide and coordinate administrative and secretarial services; including for example, the preparation of agendas and minutes, taking appropriate follow-up action as required. Supporting the team with the management of complaints, gathering information and undertaking enquires as and when is necessary for the head of department, teams and the department.
- Provide specialist secretarial/administration support and advice to the teams and/or Sector to support a number of initiatives by:
- Taking telephone calls for others in the department when they are out and expected to use their initiative when dealing with phone calls and messages.
- Triaging new work into the team and distributing as appropriate.
- Managing the electronic diary for the department, including arranging and changing appointments, prioritising these as appropriate.
- Ensure all urgent and/or sensitive and confidential communications are received and distributed from/to relevant parties in a timely manner. This includes sensitive information about performers as well as confidential information about patients - this could information that is part of a serious incident or campaign
- Organising and planning events as directed, providing all necessary supporting in local materials.
- Supporting teams in complaints management and participating in department events.
- Required to input, monitor and check data produced and required for reporting on case and performance management but also for ensuring learning about themes and trends in complaints
- Supplying the relevant information required for financial management, supporting the head of department and teams by checking and sending invoices for payment. Responsible for ordering stationery and consumables for the department, ensuring they are kept securely.
- Developing and maintaining effective electronic and paper filing systems, to ensure that information is kept securely and is accessible to other members of the team
Hourly Rate £9.28 rising to £10.79 after 12 working weeks.
The working week is Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm, 37 hours/week.
There is parking on site: NHS England, Oakley Road, SO16 4GX