The overall aim of this role is to support CC Housing Management Ltds (CCHM) wider vision in reducing the total number of people homeless or at risk of homelessness. You will have the ability work positively alongside a team of support workers and Housing staff within the organisation during a period of growth and change. In addition, you will embrace the culture of continuous improvement to support our clients throughout the organisation and have a passion for being proactive, motivational whilst also acting as an advocate for CCHM within the Homeless Sector.
- Working with and supported by local partners and The Stoke Partnership, we have accessed funding to successfully deliver an intensive personalised support and case management to people with multiple and complex needs using Housing First principles
- Whilst part of a rapidly expanding staff team, this role is part of a team of 4 specialist workers delivering accommodation and support to Single Homeless Individuals, as part of the Governments Rough Sleeping Accommodation Programme Pathway, which also falls in line with the organisations overarching mission of reducing homelessness and rough sleeping.
- Helping each resident to progress towards independence and independent living. Support will be delivered intensively on a person centric and individual needs basis, utilising a dynamic and innovative multi-agency, and positive value-based culture and shared goals approach. Clients will be supported to identify and focus on realistic and achievable short-, medium- and long-term goals, co-ordinating the daily provision of support and activities for clients to ensure the delivery of a high quality, responsive and efficient service.
- If you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to foster a culture of excellent customer service, genuine care for Clients, a strong sense of team spirit to maximise outcomes / increase the impact for Clients we would welcome your application
- You will provide and oversee the support to people with complex needs to enable them to develop the necessary skills to sustain their housing tenancies and to achieve their aspirations for independent living, whilst addressing any personal challenges. Further support duties will be determined by the individual needs of the clients being supported.
- Support Service Tasks
- Identify clients' individual support needs through consultation and agreement with the Client, ensuring individual views, aspirations and needs are the core element to all support planning / key working sessions (and, where appropriate, outside partners), devise and implement suitable support plans to ensure that identified support needs are met.
- Encourage and support clients to live as fully and rewarding life within the local community, providing information, emotional, organisational and practical support, as appropriate.
- To carry out risk assessments, Outcome Star, and further documentation as and when necessary due to the changing needs and aspirations of users.
- Engage with local neighbours to support clients to integrate into the community.
What we need from you
A valid Driving Licence
2 years of working with people with complex need
2 years of working with people with substance misuse
2 years of homelessness experience do you have
Can work 2 weekends in a month.
DBS on the update service would be a great benefit.
If this sounds like a role that you can do and have the right experince please apply or call Asha on 0121 480 8203