Do you have a passion for compliance and an excellent eye for detail? Are you familiar with using a practice management system?
If so, then this could be a fantastic opportunity for you!
A fast-growing Legal firm are looking for a Compliance Analyst to join their team on a permanent basis. This is an existing team of 15 employees who are based across 4 offices around the UK. With recent growth to their firm based in Oxford, they are looking for a talented individual to join them.
Your responsibilities will be;
- Ensuring that all client and matter set up procedures are followed correctly
- Verifying identity documentation and conducting client due diligence using the e-verification system in line with regulatory obligations and the firm's policies
- Liaising with the lawyers to obtain further required information and chasing up outstanding file openings
- Reviewing and approving engagement letters
- Identifying wider higher risk and reputational issues including sanctions
- Escalating any concerns to a Compliance Manager
- Conducting initial conflict searches
- Assisting with the establishment and maintenance of information barriers
- Using conflict checking as part of wider risk and compliance processes
- Escalating any material concerns to the Compliance Manager
- Preparing new starter and monthly reports for the Compliance Director
- Support with delivering compliance training
- Dealing with identification queries from the Finance Team
- Responding to general compliance help-desk queries, including desk-side support and management of the Compliance Team inbox in a timely manner
- Managing use of client framework agreements
- Travel to other offices, as necessary
They are offering a competitive salary of between £22,000 and £25,000 per annum with great benefits. You will work with the Compliance Manager to act as the 'goalkeeper' for the firm's lawyers so that the business complies with its regulatory and statutory obligations. The ideal candidate will have; previous compliance of legal secretarial experience within a law firm, the ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload and able to demonstrate strong communication skills.
If this is the new challenge you have been looking for apply today and our dedicated consultant will contact you, to discuss in more detail.