I am recruiting for an experienced Compliance Officer for my award-winning client who is based by Birmingham airport and they are offering a salary of circa £30000 dependant on experience.
Due to the growth within the business you will be reporting to the Head of Finance and will be tasked in conducting ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and internal audits and ensuring the business are following all correct policies and procedures to reduce any potential risk to a minimum. You will review T&C`s ensuring all documents are legal and coordinating and resolving any ongoing claims against the business. You will also be responsible for the collation of feedback questionnaires from clients, gathering statistical data and reporting to Senior Managers/Directors.
You will need to have 2 years previous compliance experience or be a law graduate with a minimum of 12 months business work experience working with T&C`s.
My client is a leading British logistics freight forwarder headquartered in Birmingham. They operate mainly ocean and air freight services.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Learn and understand the full Standard British International Forward Conditions and their implications on the business
- Coordinate all live claims, of whatever nature, currently ongoing on the business and settling, and finding where possible the best outcome for the Company and its Customer`s
- Review all T`s and C`s that come into the business, analysing any contradictions with the Company`s terms and suggest best solutions
- Coordinate and control Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Quotation (RFQs) that come into the business
- Fully understand and be conversant with all aspects of marine insurance and their implications
- Fully understand and be conversant with all aspects of INCOterms
- Conduct both ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 audits within the business and identify areas of non-compliance within the businesses pre-defined procedures suggesting improvements where possible
- Conduct internal audits across the Company and identify areas of non-compliance within the businesses pre-defined procedures
suggesting improvements where possible
- Coordinate and analyse all supplier questionnaires that come into the business
- Involvement in ongoing internal projects within Company as defined by line and Senior Management
- Run and analyse statistical data when required
- Monitor potential risks to the business and ensure all relevant people are kept up to date
- 2+ years compliance/auditing experience OR a law graduate with a minimum of 12 months business work experience working with T&C`s
- Experience of ISO audit
- Freight/logistics background would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent communication skills with the ability and confidence to communicate with all levels of the organisation
- Written communication skills to produce clear correspondence and reports
- Analytical with data and able to report back fact-based recommendations
- Exceptional attention to detail
- IT literate (strong excel, word, outlook skills)
- High level of integrity
- Innovative in ideas
- Determination and drive for excellent results, solution oriented
- Highly organised and able to prioritise work in a busy environment
- Diligent and conscientious
- Team player/commitment to group goals
- Proactive and enthusiastic
- Able to use own initiative
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUS COMPLIANCE/AUDIT EXPERIENCE***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Circa £30000 salary dependant on experience
- Free Car Parking
- Mon-Fri 8.30-5
- 20 days + 8 Bank Holidays
- On-site canteen with free tea/coffee and soft drinks
- Dress down Friday
- Childcare vouchers
- Healthcare plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual activity fun day
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***