Continuous Improvement Lead
£45,000 per annum
Join an Innovative company experiencing massive business growth!
Specialising in manufacturing for scientific, analytical and metrology industries this business is looking for a Continuous Improvement Lead to support their production operations with a focus on continuous improvement to optimise productivity and cost reduction.
If you have qualifications and experience in Mechanical or Materials Engineering, or Manufacturing in a high-precision industry, combined with knowledge and experience of Continuous improvement methodologies then we want to hear from you!
About the Role
- Working as a Continuous Improve Lead you will be responsible for:
- Lead and identify AM/CI projects and opportunities for productivity improvement (e.g. yield, value engineering)
- Drive CI frameworks across the business including Standard Work and Visual Factory initiatives
- Attend and represent the site on Corporate AM/CI calls and boards
- Ensure AM/CI input into customer and approval initiatives (ISO9001 Audits, Quality 1st Program)
- Manage and report CI savings and project updates and interface with group AM/CI technology teams
- Research, collaborate and share AM/CI Best Practice from across the business group to benefit the site
- Support and develop integration and implementation of Industry 4.0 standardisation across the business
- Develop the continuous improvement plan by defining short and medium-term areas of progress and ensuring the standardization of processes
- Elaborate action plans by evaluating the relevance and profitability of these actions (return on investment, organizational impact, quality impact, etc.)
- Lead, coordinate and facilitate improvement and problem-solving projects: VSM, Kaizen, 6S, Layouts etc.
Apply now to have a chat about this great opportunity with a leading employer.
What is in it for you?
In return for your hard work, you will be given:
- Basic salary circa £45k per annum, depending on experience.
- The opportunity to upskill with training
- Pension plan
- Health insurance
- Well-being activities
- Company events and perks
- Employee referral incentive
- Peer-to-peer recognition scheme and long-term service awards
What we need from you:
We need you to demonstrate adaptability and flexibility along with the ability to take responsibility and make decisions. It is vital that you are both a team leader and player.
Strong candidates will have:
- Degree or equivalent in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Engineering or a related discipline
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt qualification
- Relevant experience in implementation and leading operational CI within a manufacturing environment
- Experience in leading and delivering CI training and coaching (VSMs / Kaizen)
- Understanding of ISO 9001:2015 requirements
- Ability to motivate teams and lead change at all levels of the organization
- Experience in using ERP systems (e.g., ORACLE, SAP) and engineering data (cycle times, yields etc)
- Effective facilitation, presentation & problem solving skills
- Tenacious and thorough approach to task completion
- MS Office - PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Visio, Project
Want to hear more? Apply Now!
If you like the look of this Continuous Improvement Lead opportunity to work for an employer who cares about your success, future-proofing your career with leading training, please get in touch today by clicking apply.