Do you have recent experience of catering for the elderly in a residential setting?
Then this could be your next challenge!
I am currently working closely with a well established client who are looking for experienced loyal Cooks to join their team. This is a large home based in Pudsey who have both residential and dementia on site.
* To prepare and cook a balanced, nutritious diet within a controlled hygienic environment for up to 63 elderly clients in a Brand New Modern Kitchen.
* To control systems of food allocation to minimise wastage.
* To operate and supervise other staff in order that all purchases are controlled within a specified budget.
* To ensure all food is prepared and served following the HACCP guidelines and principles
* Principal Responsibilities
* To control stocks and purchases, thereby allocating the quantities of materials.
* To keep the purchase of materials within allocated budgets.
* To maintain a balanced diet and varied menus following the NHS LEEDS Food For Life Guidelines.
* To be aware of the residents' needs and dietary preferences.
To ensure that all kitchen staff are trained within the requirements of current legislation.
* To maintain the kitchen equipment, as specified by respective manufacturers.
* To ensure that all kitchen staff clean the kitchen after use and, at the end of each shift, leave the kitchen in a clean and hygienic state.
* To ensure that all kitchen documentation is completed on a daily basis
* To actively contribute in the preparation and cooking of food and the cleaning of the kitchen area.
* To perform other such reasonable duties as may be required.
You MUST have experience in catering for the elderly in a residential setting. The positions is full time at 35 hours per week and these will be worked between 7am and 5pm on a rota basis working alternate weekend.
Or call Ella Sandoval on 01274 393050 for help in finding your next role.