Do you have Corporation Tax skillset? Are you looking to join a firm offering responsibility and progression? Would you be interested in studying for your CTA? This role is for you!
We are partnered with a fantastic accounting firm in Halesowen who are looking to recruit a Corporate Tax Senior. You will take charge of a growing portfolio of clients in what is a central role for the firm!
- Manage a portfolio of circa 600 Corporate Tax clients, ensuring that Corporation Tax Returns and other compliance deadlines are met and advising clients of their tax liabilities on timely basis;
- Communicate with clients on a daily basis, including email/written correspondence, telephone calls and meetings;
- Involvement in ad hoc advisory projects.
- Ensure that all work is completed properly within firm's technical procedure, on time and within budget;
- Liaise with the Partners/Tax Department Manager, keeping them informed of progress or issues with respect to the portfolio; and
- Behave in a professional manner, both in and out of the office.
- Attend training courses as appropriate;
- Work away from home/office if requested to do so;
- Follow all administrative procedures;
- Follow all guidelines etc. included in Contract of Employment and Training Contract where applicable;
- Carry out any reasonable duties as and when required by the firm; and
- Be alert for any ethical issues encountered on assignments, in the light of training provided and codes.
Tax preparation work:
The initial role will involve:
- Review and finalise Corporation Tax Returns prepared by the Audit and Accounts department.
- Preparation of dividend vouchers.
- Submission of Corporation Tax returns on timely basis.
- Communicating with the tax team, and other departments.
- Corresponding with clients.
- Liaising with HMRC.
- Preparation of CT61's.
- Maintenance of the departments control lists.
- Assistance in the preparation of Research and Development reports and calculations.
Opportunities will be available to get involved in ad hoc advisory work as required.
Note: Technical duties will be referred to when assessing technical competencies.
- Flexible working.
- Early finish on Fridays
- Free parking.
- Free tea/coffee.
- Death in service benefit 4 x salary.
- Genuine progression available
- Study support
Please contact our finance specialist Ben Worsley for more information.