Up to £11.82 per hour
about 1 month ago
Have you ever wanted to work for the civil service? Do you have strong attention to detail and take pride in your work? If so, then please read on as we are looking for a Correspondence Administrator to join our client the Department of Health and Social Care
We would also be interested in speaking with candidates who have a legal background, whether that be in education or professionally
Job Role: Correspondence Administrator
Location: Leeds Quarry House (Hybrid working, 3 days per week in office)
Hours: Full time, 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday
Pay: £11.82 per hour
This is an ongoing temporary position with the possibility of a further extension at the discretion of the business requirements
- Working closely with ministers to draft up response correspondence to MP's
- Responding to MP's queries, recording Minister's response with high level of accuracy
- Chasing of policy teams via management information system to provide bespoke contributions
- Preparing routine correspondence and checking that of others
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders#
- Assessing and responding to requests received under the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and the Environmental Information Regulations (EIR);
- Assessing and responding to Right of Access requests.
- Be an effective member of the team. Support colleagues in your own team and the wider Unit as required to ensure targets are met. Strive to develop yourself.
- Draft high-quality and accurate documents for Ministers or to issue directly to the public. Work to both internal and legal guidelines as required and work confidently with autonomy when opportunities arise. Pay close attention to detail and be committed to delivering a quality service.
- Use appropriate communication skills (listening, probing, reflecting, empathy, tact and reassurance) to handle enquiries in a professional manner.
- Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent)
- High level of Literacy and English Language skills
- Excellent listening and presentation skills and attention to detail
- Experience of MS Office, Outlook and Word
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, and prioritise with good time management skills
- Word processing / audio typing skills
- To have a legal background/education would be advantageous for the Information Rights role (FOI and EIR)
We recruit on behalf of some of the country's best-known organisations across all industry sectors, as well as being a preferred and sole supplier for various Government departments. We are located across 50+ high street locations, making hiring and job searching more personal. Our nationwide reach means we can engage with job seekers and employers in person, allowing us to tailor our approach to their unique requirements perfectly.
For further details on any of our vacancies, please contact your local Brook Street branch. Details can be found on our website
Diversity in the workplace
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via email at providing the role's navigation link and your qualifications. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!