I am recruiting for an experienced Part Time (4 hours) Counsellor for my client who are a University based on the outskirts of Birmingham, they are offering a salary of up to circa £18p/h (pro rata £36000).
As the University Campus' Counsellor, you will provide a professional counselling service for students and staff, following the Ethical Framework of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) best practice.
Issues you will be supporting with could vary from personal/private matters to study-based concerns/support
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Provide effective counselling on a one-to-one or group basis, helping students and staff to manage a wide range of academic and personal issues
- Provide effective counselling to distance learning students via telephone counselling or Skype
- Working sensitively with students or staff who may be struggling and feel all is too much, and initiating appropriate action by involving relevant individuals
- Supporting the marketing and promotion of the University's Counselling Service to students and staff
- Ensuring appropriate standards of confidentiality and ensuring that all documentation is securely and appropriately filed and stored
4 hours per week
Thursday - 11am-3pm
- Comfortable in completing a DBS security check
- Diploma in Counselling
- BACP Accreditation
- Previous experience of counselling
- Previous experience of counselling in a higher education would be ideal but not essential
- Excellent knowledge of a range of counselling approaches
- Experience of working in accordance with the Ethical Framework of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Recognise the need for and demonstrate appropriate confidentiality
- Effective organisational skills
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION AND ARE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THIS VIA YOUR CV AND AN INTERVIEW***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Circa £36000 pro rata salary (£3875 annual based on 4 hours per week)
- Part time hours
- Attractive pension
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your cv and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***