Court Clerk Administrative Officer
Pay: £11.36 ph
Long term ongoing role
Location - Holborn
The purpose of the role is to provide effective and efficient administrative support for scanning case opening and closing when required to. You will need to be both well organized and able to take the initiative with a good knowledge of IT. The admin officer will provide effective admin support to the head of the Central Admin Team and wider litigation teams as required, and fulfil any admin functions appropriate to the grade.
- To provide a high quality, professional and efficient support service that enables caseworkers to meet their targets and deadlines and meets the agreed deadlines with the client thereby achieving client satisfaction
- To comply with policies, standards, procedures and service level agreements set, divisional and team level.
- Support the team by entering details of the new matter on to CMS to generate the unique CMS Case Number then fill in the Case Allocation Form and immediately pass with the relevant papers about the new matter to Team Leader to read, allocate and return. Promptly distribute the file jacket containing the relevant papers to the relevant case holder.
- Close files by carrying out all related activities
- To meet chargeable hours targets
- To identify gaps in own knowledge, skills and understanding. To work with reporting officer in planning training, learning and development to fill these gaps
- To take responsibility for own personal and professional development
- In the absence of the scanning lead to oversee the service to the Litigation teams by scanning, saving and recording time in an accurate manner.
The post holder should demonstrate the ability to:
- Share learning with the team and colleagues; contribute to the team's shared learning and understanding
- Proactively contribute to the work of the whole team
- Seek help when needed in order to complete own work effectively
- Gain the knowledge needed to follow the relevant legislation, policies, procedures and rules that apply to the job
- Work in an organised manner using own knowledge and expertise to deliver on time and to standard
- Take responsibility for the quality of own work and keep manager informed of how the work is progressing Review working practices and come up with ideas to improve the way things are done
- Understand what is required of them in their role and how this contributes to team and Departmental priorities
If you are interested please apply below and we will be in touch shortly.