We are looking for a Court Clerk to join our client the MoJ in Bradford
If you have strong people skills and confident with dealing with administration tasks, this could the role for you
Location: Bradford Law/County Court
Salary: £9.78per hour
Hours: Monday - Friday (37 hours) 9-5
This is an ongoing temporary position with the possibility of a further extension at the discretion of the business requirements.
- Extracting and Filing court records.
- Attaching documents to court files and e-documents to e-files.
- Preparing files for court hearings and hosting court hearings as court clerk (this could be face to face or remotely by telephone or Microsoft Teams)
- Dealing with customer queries either face to face at the counter or by telephone, email or letter.
- Other general administrative duties such as data entry and creating case files
What we are looking for:
- Basic IT skills in Microsoft Windows (training will be given)
- Strong recent admin/customer service experience essential
- Be polite and helpful to all customers both external and internal
- Remain calm, polite and tactful when dealing with difficult people
- Vigilance and professional personality
- Pass on important information to all concerned promptly and clearly, with tact and honesty
- Treat all colleagues fairly and be sensitive to their needs as individuals
You will be comfortable in dealing sensitively and professionally with people from all walks of life; many of whom may be vulnerable and under stress. Advice and support are readily available and there is little discretion to depart from standard procedures, which may require you to take a firm stance when those procedures are not understood or welcomed by a court user.
Please click apply to express your interest