The Ministry of Justice - Court Marshall
Location: York County Court
Hours: Monday - Friday (37 hours)
This is a short term role ending until the end of June unless extension is required. This is an exciting opportunity to get your foot in the door within the Ministry of Justice.
We are currently recruiting for full time Court Marshalls to join the Team with our client, The Ministry of Justice based in York. The role will include working as part of a flexible front of house team to support during COVID.
- Ensuring court users are following social distancing procedures
- Preventing users to congregate in one area
- Seeing users in and out of the court room
- Patrolling outside of the court area
- Customer service
- Seeing the Defendents/Judge/Solicitors into relevant waiting areas ready to be collected by the Ushers
- Ensuring all work spaces nearby are sanitised and clear
What we are looking for
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent sickness record
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multitask
- Quick learner
The right candidate will need to have a smart appearance due to daily interaction with solicitors and members of the public.
You will need to be comfortable in dealing sensitively and professionally with people from all walks of life; many of whom may be vulnerable and under stress. Advice and support
*Please note working for the Ministry of Justice will require you to have photographic ID. This can be a Full-length Birth Certificate supported by a driving or provisional licence in your current address OR an in-date passport*
Please click apply or email