Brook Street are seeking 3 temporary Court Ushers to join Exeter Crown & County Court on a full time basis until March 2021.
As a Court Usher, you will be acting as first point of contact for all court users involved in hearings which involves:
- Regular contact with judiciary
- Meet members of public and legal representatives
- Prepare courts/hearing rooms
- Ensuring court runs smoothly/efficiently
- Assisting Admin staff with smooth flow of work
- Ability to react quickly and professionally to situations, some of which may be unexpected, whilst working within regulated guidelines.
- Deal sensitively and professionally with people from all walks of life; many of whom may be vulnerable and under stress.
- Ability to take a firm stance with those who may not understand or welcome procedures that need to be followed.
- Team working but, with management support, be responsible for own time.
You must be IT literate with ability to use Microsoft Office applications (Outlook/Word/Excel). Court ushers are also required to use a variety of 'in-house' IT application and assist with operating other equipment, e.g. Video Links etc.
These roles are full time, 37 hours per week paying £8.72 per hour.
Start dates will be subject to successful referencing and a clear enhanced DBS check.