We are looking for a Court Usher to work for our client, MOJ based in Leeds City Centre. This is a long-term temporary assignment.
Hours: 37 hours, Monday - Friday
The role will include working as part of a flexible team. You will be an essential first point of contact for all the court users involved in hearings. The post holder will be expected to complete the following duties:
- Keep Court room and hearing rooms tidy and well managed
- Fill water bottles and ensure clean glasses are available
- Maintain supplies for recording equipment and operate it at the judicial request
- Maintain supplies for court users
- Obtain names of all parties in attendance and show into hearings at required time
- Swear in parties and witnesses as appropriate
- Complete court recording sheets
- Photocopy any documents required by the courts
- Provide assistance with post and other admin tasks as and when required
- You will also carry out some general clerical work as required to support the work of HMCTS
To be considered for this role the right candidate will have the following skills:
- Basic IT skills in Microsoft Windows (training will be given)
- Be polite and helpful to all customers both external and internal
- Remain calm, polite and tactful when dealing with difficult people
- Pass on important information to all concerned promptly and clearly, with tact and honesty
- Be approachable, non-judgmental and honest and respects confidences in dealing with others.
- Treat all colleagues fairly and be sensitive to their needs as individuals
The right candidate will need to have a smart appearance due to daily interaction with solicitors and members of the public and experience of windows 10 would be an advantage.
You will be comfortable in dealing sensitively and professionally with people from all walks of life; many of whom may be vulnerable and under stress. Advice and support
*Please note working for the Ministry of Justice will require you to have photographic ID. This can be a Full-length Birth Certificate supported by a driving or provisional licence in your current address OR an in-date passport*