Our client located in Blackburn, is seeking a Court Usher to work Monday - Friday for 37 hours each week. It is important that the successful candidate is flexible as there will be a need to assist covering in other locations when business needs require this. There will also be a Saturday/Bank Holiday rota - usual requirement will be to work 1 in every 6 Saturdays and an even amount of Bank Holiday cover.
* Collecting and delivering files and bundles to the judiciary and clerks ensuring they have the necessary papers
* Providing support to colleagues & judiciary outside of court / hearing times
* Operating recording equipment and maintaining records of recordings of hearings
* Creating, updating, distributing and tracking files, bundles, documents, tapes;
* Creating and/or maintaining databases, lists, manuals; completing documents including standard letters, forms, applications, orders, records, registers, statistics etc with clearly defined information using electronic and paper systems.
* Maintaining the Court Library (including e-transcripts and books)
* Sorting and delivering lists of hearings for internal and external notice boards
* Sort and deliver lists of hearings for internal & external notice boards
* Copy/audio typing, completing standard letters, forms, registers, etc where the information is clearly defined.
* Straightforward drafting such as acknowledgements and receipting, confirmations, court orders, warrants etc.
* Amending standard instructions, manuals and directories, circulating and distributing documents, journals etc.
* Opening, sorting, distributing and dispatching post
* Collecting and delivering post from appropriate offices
* Including stationery and other supplies against requirements