Brook Street is the chosen recruitment partner to Public Sector employers throughout the UK.
We have an ongoing temporary position for a Court Usher in the Cardiff area on a full-time basis.
To be considered for this role, applicants must have:
- Strong Administrative Skills
- Good communication skills, both written and via the telephone
- Excellent IT skills, particularly with Excel
- A flexible approach to workload as duties may vary
Duties of the role will include but are not limited to:
- Managing the footfall in the building; directing people around the building and ensuring they are complying with social distancing rules.
- Collecting and delivering files and bundles to the judiciary and clerks ensuring they have the necessary papers
- Operating recording equipment and maintaining records of recordings of hearings
- Straightforward drafting such as acknowledgements and receipting, confirmations, court orders, warrants etc.
- Opening, sorting, distributing and dispatching post as required
- Ensuring Court rooms are supplied against requirements for relevant forms and stationary
- Providing information related to proceedings, escorting court users into and from the building, swearing oaths etc.
- Calling people into court / hearing rooms in priority order, discussing with Court Clerks and Legal Advisers and liaising with the Witness Service as necessary
- Answering face to face enquiries
- Keeping parties informed of changes eg; of courtrooms and hearing times
- Answering standard enquiries and passing messages to others.
The successful candidate will be working in a secure environment which requires a high level of background and clearance checks. This will include Criminal Record Checks (Enhanced DBS Check), Reference Checks (Employment, Education and any gaps) (3 years), Address checks (5 years) and may involve us obtaining character references and/or other evidence to cover periods of unemployment.
Once the successful candidate has been offered the role, these checks will commence. These normally take anything from 7 days to 28 days, depending on how quickly we can obtain this information for clearance.
For further details please apply via the Apply Now link below and should your CV match the requirements of our client we will be in touch with further details. We do endeavour to contact all applicants, both successful and unsuccessful within 10 working days of your application.