We have an exciting, ongoing temporary opportunity to work as a Court Usher for a government body based in Basingstoke.
This position is to start work immediately and will be on an ongoing basis, at least until the end of March however, likely to be ongoing.
The ideal candidate will have office based knowledge and the ability to take on multiple tasks and work well under pressure. You will be able to work both individually and as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of the courts. Example of work performed will include but not limited to:
- The filling of water bottles and ensure clean glasses are available
- The provision of paper for Adjudicator etc
- Wash and tidy away glasses at the end of the court sitting
- Liaise with Adjudicator and Court Section
- Obtain names of all parties and complete front sheets with court results
- Swear in witnesses as appropriate
- Photocopy any documents required by the court
- Provide assistance in the post room or elsewhere in the office as and when required
We are looking for someone who is polite and helpful to all parties including both external and internal. In some cases you may need to deal with difficult people and we expect you to stay calm and level headed as you will need to tackle unacceptable behaviour in a constructive way. We are looking for someone who is approachable, non judgemental and respectful in all situations.
You will be responsible for: Assisting with the courts, ushering people in and out, liaising with the judiciary, operating the video surveillance.
***Please note that you will be required to process a DBS clearance through Brook Street prior to your cv being sent to the client or you commencing your assignment. This can take up to 4 weeks to process (dependant upon each application) and will incur a charge to you up front of £45***
Hourly pay: £7.83p/h paid weekly in arrears.
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm with 60 minutes for lunch.
For more information or to apply, please forward your cv or contact Emily on 01483 302979