Brook Street are seeking 3 Court Usher's based in Plymouth on behalf of a public sector client.
As a Court Usher you will be dealing with customers before and during court hearings and carrying out basic administration, such as:
- Booking in court users, assisting Judge/court clerk, calling cases, using video link equipment.
- Supporting administration / ushering teams with daily in court processes and handling any associated court paperwork, preparing the courtroom daily.
- Preparing files, scanning of documents and inputting data.
- Post opening, Filing and data entry
- Any administrative work associated with the court
- Dealing with telephone queries and customer greeting at front desk reception
Word, Excel and good customer service skills are required.
Although many of the tasks are straightforward, regulated by well-established guidelines and/or detailed instructions, an Usher needs to be prepared to react quickly and professionally to situations, some of which may be unexpected. You will be comfortable in dealing sensitively and professionally with people from all walks of life; many of whom may be vulnerable and under stress.
Advice and support is readily available and there is little discretion to depart from standard procedures, which may well require you to take a firm stance when those procedures are not understood or welcomed by a court user. Ushers work within a team with regular management support and are responsible for their own time.
Enhanced DBS will need to be processed for the successful candidates.
This assignment is until the end of October 2021 paying £8.91 per hour.