We are looking to introduce extra usher roles for marshalling, sitting and runners with our Bristol based client. This role assist the running of the Court's Trials, managing the public, looking after Juries and running Juries to and from Courts.
Your role as a Court Usher will be to typically maintain the running of the court and dedicated courtrooms ensuring cases are heard as they are ready and;
- Escorting parties in, out and within the court.
- Collecting witnesses/victims from witness support and bringing them to the courtroom.
- Calling people into court/hearing rooms in priority order.
- Assisting with the cloud video platform in court.
- Providing support to colleagues & judiciary by keeping parties informed of changes e.g. of courtrooms and hearing times.
- Answering face to face enquiries.
- Ensuring courtrooms are supplied against requirements for relevant stationary, forms and providing information related to proceedings.
- Opening, sorting, distributing and dispatching post as required.
- General clerical and admin work, including the use of computers and switchboard.
When you start, your day will begin at 8.30am preparing the Courtroom/s for the day.
Throughout the day you will liaise with defendants, witnesses, solicitors, CPS, probation and Legal advisors. This means that communication is key.
Thorough training will be given. To begin, you will be trained in trial Courts which are slower paced. Once you are fully trained and comfortable you'd run a trial alone you'll be left and progress to NGAP (Not Guilty Anticipated Plea) and GAP (Guilty Anticipated Plea) courts and finally Custody Courts and video link.
No previous experience required, however as a successful candidate you will be confident talking to people of various backgrounds, organised and capable of performing under pressure during busy days that may be physically demanding.
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS, references and interview.