Are you confident and able to talk to anyone? Do you have a passion for excellent customer service?
If you're good with people, professional and like to be in the thick of the action, you may like the idea of a temporary role with a local Court.
Brook Street is currently recruiting Court Ushers who will be based in Newcastle City Centre. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established local Government Department. If you enjoy working as part of a busy team and providing first-class assistance and advice to customers, then we want you to apply for this role.
To succeed in the role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Customer Service as your number 1 priority
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Remains calm and polite when dealing with people
- Able to pass on important information to all relevant stakeholders promptly and clearly, with tact and honesty
- Is approachable, non-judgmental, honest and respects confidences in dealing with others
- Proficient in systems as well as prepared to learn new in-house systems
- Confident and Enthusiastic in all that you do
The role is as a Court Usher, supporting the business dealing with both internal and external customers. Duties will include, but not be restricted to:
- Welcoming and giving direction to all visitors to the Court that are using the Court Rooms or Hearing Rooms that you are covering that day
- Liaise with Judges and Legal Teams as required
- Provide General Administration support during cases
- Swear in Witnesses
- Update records on the in-house computer system
- Data Entry
- Ad Hoc duties as and when required by the client
This assignment could be for up to 10 months initially, depending on start date, but has the opportunity to be extended beyond that initial period. The job is based on a 37 hour week, working Monday to Friday. Location is ideal for public transport. This client offers a Pay Rate of £8.91 per. hour.
If this job is for you, please apply. Looking forward to speaking with you!