Up to £10.95 per hour + Holiday and pension scheme in salary
about 1 month ago
Our MOJ client requires a Court Usher to join the busy team on a temporary basis for 4 months from the start date to start ASAP. Contract likely to be extended.
Our client HM Courts & Tribunals Service (HMCTS) is an agency of the Ministry of Justice. HMCTS provides administrative support for the legal system across England and Wales, ensuring justice works for everyone.
£10.95 per hour is the pay rate.
Our client is based in Weston Super Mare and offers a great opportunity to work within the courts and gain experience.
There are parking spaces available on site.
The role is temporary expected to run for 4 months from the start date. Working full time 37 hours per week. Monday to Friday - Core hours 8:30 AM to 5 PM.
Successful applicants would primarily be ushering within the court.
It is an office-based role.
Duties may include but not be limited to:
- Ushering in a court room, getting parties within the court, collecting witnesses and victims from witness support and bringing them to the court. Assisting with the cloud video platform in court
- Collecting and delivering files and bundles to the judiciary and clerks ensuring they have the necessary papers
- Providing support to colleagues & judiciary outside of court / hearing times
- General clerical/admin work, including use of computers and Switchboard
- Filling out forms
- Operating recording equipment and maintaining records of recordings of hearings
- Sort and deliver lists of hearings for internal & external notice boards
- Opening, sorting, distributing and dispatching post as required
- Collecting and delivering post from appropriate offices
- Ensuring court rooms are supplied against requirements for relevant forms and stationery
- Collecting and delivering stationery around the offices
- Including members of the public, judiciary, juries, solicitors and barristers, the police, representatives of external agencies, etc.
- Providing information related to proceedings, escorting court users into and from the building, swearing oaths, etc.
- Calling people into court / hearing rooms in priority order, discussing with Court Clerks and Legal Advisers and liaising with the Witness Service as necessary
- Answering face to face enquiries
- Keeping parties informed of changes g., of courtrooms and hearing times
Ideal candidates will be confident, enjoy interacting with a variety of court users. You will have excellent customer service skills and a passion to help people.
Our client requires the following skills:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and outlook
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to remain calm in potentially difficult situations
- Ability to remain professional at all time and converse with a variety of court users
- Excellent customer service skills
The pay rate is £10.95/hr and benefits include holiday pay and pension scheme.
Full training will be given.
You will be required to pass an Enhanced DBS and will require full 3 years referencing.
Please apply online with your current CV in WORD format only. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it may not be possible to respond to all applications. Any questions, please contact Bristol PSR team on 0117 948 6317.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via email at , providing the role's navigation link and your qualifications. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.