Up to £10.95 per hour + Holiday and pension scheme in salary
about 1 month ago
***Part-time Court Usher vacancy at Newton Abbot Magistrates Court £10.95 until 14/07/24 to start ASAP***
Our MOJ client requires a Court Usher to join the busy team on a temporary basis, until 14/07/24 initially, with probable extension.
Our client is based in Newton Abbot and offers a great opportunity to work within the courts and gain experience. You will also be asked to work at Torquay County Count as required.
Part time: 22.5 hours a week - 7.5 hours a day Mon/Tue/Wed each week.
Our client could also accommodate Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday depending on business needs.
08:30-17:00 depending on business needs.
Full training will be given.
Duties may include but not be limited to:
- Greeting members of the public
- Liaising with judiciary, witnesses, jurors, and other court users with professionalism
- Basic admin duties, data entry, dealing with queries, preparing juror packs in preparation for trials
- Walking jurors to and from court whilst remaining socially distanced
- Preparation of court rooms
- Providing support to all users of the courts, for whom it may be their first time
- Post room duties
Our client requires the following skills:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and outlook
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to remain calm in potentially difficult situations
- Ability to remain professional at all time and converse with a variety of court users
- Excellent customer service skills
The role is subject to 3 years' referencing and an Enhanced DBS check.
Please apply online with your current CV in WORD format only. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it may not be possible to respond to all applications. Any questions, please contact Bristol PSR team on 0117 948 6317.
Contact Francisco Castilla in our Bristol office for more information.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.