Up to £10.42 per hour
Peterborough Public Sector
26 days ago
Our client HM Courts & Tribunals Service (HMCTS) is an agency of the Ministry of Justice. HMCTS provides administrative support for the legal system across England and Wales, ensuring justice works for everyone.
Our justice system defends our fundamental rights and freedoms. It is a cornerstone of our modern society and it must serve all those who call on it, when they call on it. From some of the most vulnerable people in our society, to families in crisis, claimants and commercial businesses - HMCTS has a responsibility to administer a justice system that is accessible to everyone and operates efficiently.
Are you seeking experience working within the Public Sector? We could have just the Job for you! HMCTS Norwich Combined Courts are currently looking for a Court Usher to join their team on a full-time temporary basis!
The pay rate for the role is £10.42 an hour. with holiday entitlement and a pension scheme available. The working ours are between 8:30am - 5pm (37hrs a week), Monday to Friday.
As a Court Usher your main duties will be -
- " Preparing rooms for hearings, Judiciary, Juries, Solicitors, and barrister etc.
- " Be always with the Juries and swear an oath.
- " Engage with Judges
- " Communicate to other Ushers and team members through teams.
- " General Administration duties
- " Sort and deliver lists of hearings for internal & external notice boards
- " Liaising with the members of the public, legal team, CPS, Solicitors and the witness service
- " Completing standard forms and other correspondence
- " Post handling (opening, sorting, distributing and dispatching post)
- " Answering face to face enquiries.
- " Ensuing Court Rooms are supplied against requirements for relevant forms and stationery
- " Keeping all parties informed of any changes e.g., change of court room.
- " Data Entry
- " Handling Telephone calls
The role of a Court Usher is a vital part of the HMCTS, as you will act as an essential first point of contact for all court users involved in hearings. As well as this, you will aid the administrative staff with the smooth flow of court work.
This job involves face to face contact with members of the public who are sometimes anxious, distressed, or troubled during their court visits.
You will need to have flexibility`s as you may take on additional responsibilities. This is a very active job, as you may be going up and down stairs multiple times a day to collect Court Cases for example. This role will be suited to a candidate who has excellent communication and organisational skills and will be required to be on their feet most of the day.
Specific previous experience for this role is not required, however experience working in an administrative role in a customer focused environment is desired, as well as the transferable skills listed below -
- " Strong customer focus and service skills
- " Proficient with IT and Microsoft Software packages
- " Excellent communication and organisational skills
- " Organisational skills
- " The ability to react quickly and professionally if needed
- " Comfortable dealing with sensitivity and professionally with people from all walks of life; many of whom may be vulnerable and under stress.
If successful, you will be required to hold an in-date Passport or Birth certificate, 2 proofs of address and proof of National Insurance. Complete registrations forms and last 3 years of referencing.
Please apply online if you are interested in this position and if successful, we will be in contact
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via email at , providing the role's navigation link and your qualifications. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.