Security Clearance: BPSS & Enhanced DBS.
Court Usher at the Llanelli Law Courts
This role is a great opportunity for anyone looking to get more of an in depth experience in the legal industry and will give an insight to the everyday makings of the court room. As a court usher you will play a vital role in the overall system, helping make things run smoothly and efficiently, the duties for this role including but not limited to:
- Managing the footfall in the building; directing people around the building and ensuring social distancing rules are followed.
- Collecting and delivering files to the judiciary and clerks, ensuring that they have the necessary papers for upcoming trails.
- Operating recording equipment and maintaining records of the hearings
- Opening, sorting, distributing and dispatching post as required
- Providing information related to proceedings, escorting court users into and from the building, swearing oaths etc.
- Calling people into court / hearing rooms in priority order, discussing with Court Clerks and Legal Advisers and liaising with the Witness Service as necessary
- Answering face to face enquiries
- Answering standard enquiries and passing messages to others.
This role is temporary for 3 months, subject to being made permanent, on a wage of £9.06 per hour. This job will provide you with great skills to take with you on your career path, including customer service skills, administration, teamwork and independent thinking.
Typical qualifications and experience: five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent), NVQ Business Administration Level 2, or suitable clerical experience. Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
The candidate should:
- Have a proficiency in the use of Microsoft word and Excel.
- Be adaptable to a versatile range of duties expected.
- Be personable and relationship driven to ensure participants are comfortable.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
If successful, you will be expected to undergo a DBS check and will be expected to reference your last 3 years of work history. The officers at Brook street Recruitment will be aiding you throughout your process into starting the role.