Up to £10.95 per hour
24 days ago
Are you eager to gain valuable experience within the Public Sector? An exciting opportunity awaits you! Join the dynamic team at HMCTS Huntingdon as a Court Usher on a full-time temporary basis.
Position: Court Usher
Location: HMCTS Huntingdon Court - You may also need to cover Peterborough Combined Court, Peterborough Magistrates Courts at times
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5 pm (37 hours per week)
Rate: £10.95 per hour, with holiday entitlement and a pension scheme available.
- This assignment is until the end of March 2024 with high possibility of extension
- Parking available on site
- Prepare courtrooms for hearings, accommodating Judges, Juries, Solicitors, and Barristers.
- Administer oaths to Juries and engage with Judges.
- Collaborate with other Ushers and team members through efficient communication channels.
- Perform general administration duties, including sorting and delivering hearing lists.
- Liaise with the public, legal teams, CPS, Solicitors, and the witness service.
- Complete standard forms and manage post handling tasks.
- Respond to face-to-face inquiries and manage telephone calls.
- Ensure Court Rooms are supplied with necessary forms and stationery.
- Keep all parties informed of any changes, such as a change of courtroom.
- Conduct data entry tasks.
Role Overview: As a Court Usher, you play a pivotal role within HMCTS, serving as the primary point of contact for all court users involved in hearings. Your responsibilities extend to supporting the administrative staff, ensuring the smooth flow of court proceedings. This role involves direct interaction with members of the public, who may be experiencing anxiety or distress during their court visits.
- Strong customer focus and service skills.
- Proficient in IT and Microsoft Software packages.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to react quickly and professionally when needed.
- Comfortable dealing with sensitivity and professionalism, catering to individuals from all walks of life, some of whom may be vulnerable and under stress.
- Flexibility is crucial, as additional responsibilities may be assigned.
- This active role involves frequent movement, including going up and down stairs multiple times a day.
While specific previous experience is not required, a background in an administrative role within a customer-focused environment is desired.
Apply Today! Take the next step in your career by applying online.
Please note that as a government role, an Enhanced DBS check is required, along with providing three year`s worth of employment history, including references. Successful applicants will be contacted within 5 days. If you do not hear from us within this time frame, we appreciate your application and encourage you to explore other opportunities with Brook Street.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via email at , providing the role`s navigation link and your qualifications. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustment